It is a pleasure to present an unique Cecilia sound system – the result of our own development. The system combines a top sound quality of sampled organ stops with simplicity, reliability and small dimensions. In spite of the fact that the instruments equipped with a personal computer and Hauptwerk or Grand Orgue programmes offer excellent sound possibilities as well as an unachievable configuration ability, they are not suitable for stable installations and professional use. Common computers have, for example, problems at lower temperatures due to a lot of moving mechanical parts. Operating systems of PC are not intended for stable long-term operation, they can be damaged because of a sudden fall-out loss of electrical energy and require a regular service. Further, the organ software is too complex for the most of organ players. The intervention of the user is sometimes necessary and that is why the monitor with mouse and keybord shall be placed at the instrument. It presents a needless complication for the organ player.
Our Cecilia system is intended directly to embedding into organ or sound modules, MIDI expanders… It is characterized by high reliability and simple operation. The Cecilia system is used in our instruments as well as for manufacture of unique sound modules. We offer also "bare electronics" variant for organ manufacturers, for interested persons and DIY projects.
The base of the system is a microcomputer with ARM processor. The "embedded linux" operation system (ie the system arranged for the given purpose with a linux kernel) is used - so it isn't common linux distribution. The sound is generated by our own software. The whole system is installed in eMMC card in read-only section. Therefore, its high stability and reliability are ensured. The system is quite safe in the case of uncorrect switch off or outage.
The system supports many advanced functions:
- Loudness level indication in the real time, limitation display.
- Safe limitation – the exceeding limitation results gradually in the decreasing sound quality, but no sudden disturbing effects (cracking...) occur.
- Setting of the total loudness, setting of individual stops ́ loudness..
- Setting of true tone height (pitch shift) continually (± one semitone).
- Three types of tuning: equal, 1⁄4 coma middle tone, Young well tempered tuning.
- Several types of reverb: there is possibility to use samples without naturally sampled release, with sampled release and to enhance reverberation with artificial algorithm in several levels.
- Setting of an arbitrary intonation deviation of virtual pipes from their nominal values. Using smaller intonation deviations, a more realistic sound can be obtained. During the switching on of the module, the distribution of deviations in each specimen changes randomly within the given tolerance limits.
- Function “dynamic pressure“. Particularly in the case of smaller organs, fine changes in pressure during the play dependent on the actual air consumption are typical and result in the deviations of intonation. The module contains the algorithm with optional parameters simulating these pressure changes.
- Automatic matching of MIDI channels via “MIDI listen“ function.
- “MIDI learn” functions for all stops and couples. It is possible to use individual stops or their combinations using external MIDI device. Moreover there is a possibility to use any key from a playing manual (e.g. upper octave of a keyboard) to toggle stops or their combinations.
- Restoration of manufacture setting – all optional parameters can be rewritten by the original values of manufacturer, if necessary.
Cecilia – North German baroque style
A quite small box changing every cheap keyboard to almost true organ. However, the use of the module is not restricted to keyboards; on the contrary, it is intended preferably for the two-manual consoles with a pedal board. It aims at perfect organ sound under the conditions of quite easy control. On the other hand, the module is also endowed with some advanced sound functions.
The module is intended for:
- Owners of digital organs of Ahlborn, Viscount, Content, Johannus and similar type demanding a high quality sound,
- Owners of common keyboards equipped with MIDI output desiring the feeling of a real organ,
- Houses of prayer, ceremony halls, community centres,
- Musical ensembles, orchestras, choirs, organists playing on various occasions; in these cases, the advantage of the module is its mobility and the possibility of connection with different electronic keyboards.
The surface of the module is made of wood with natural veneer and wax finish. The registration of a conservative type is carried out by means of precise mechanical drawknobs with magnetic arretation of positions.
The stops consist of the top samples of Sonus paradisi project, the disposition is based on the North German baroque style.
|Subbass 16'||Bordun 16'||Gedackt 8'|
|Bassflöte 8'||Prinzipal 8'||Prestant 4'|
|Prinzipal 4'||Bordun 8'||Rohrflöte 4'|
|Posaune 16'||Octav 4'||Octav 2'|
|HW/Ped||Flöte 2'||Quint 1 1/3'|
|OW/Ped||Nasat 2 2/3'||Cymbel|
Cecilia - claviorganum
This type offers a combination of high quality harpsichord sound samples and historical organ stops. The module is very convenient for interpretation of early music.
|Subbass 16'||Cembalo 8'||Cembalo 8'|
|HW/Ped||Cembalo 4'||Lute 8'|
|OW/Ped||Rohrflöte 8'||Gedackt 8'|
|Spitzflöte 4'||Kleingedackt 4'|
|Vox Humana 8'|
Cecilia semplice romantic
A small, practical and affordable organ module. Single-manual organ with pedalboard - romantic stops. The module is ideal to accompaniment for solists and liturgical use. Includes also 4 stop memories.
|Soubbasse 16'||Bourdon 16'|
|Contre-basse 16'||Prestant 8'|
|Flûte Harmonique 8'|
|Voix Céleste 8'|
Cecilia semplice claviorganum
|Vox Humana 8'|
Bare electronic units
We supply base units for other organ manufacturers as well as for hobby projects. The units are suitable for building into consoles or sound modules. There is a universal platform for all offerred types of instruments. The software (sound, functions) can be individually tailored to given requirements. The units can be also applied for expansion of pipe organ by electronic stops).